Translate

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Blah-dee blah blah

Yep.  You probably guessed by the title of the post that the blah monster has settled in.  I'm not entirely certain why he decided to take over my territory, but I'm doing my best to oust him.

I spent a good hour this morning seriously thinking about retiring from writing and just going back to being Mom and Grandma.  Those two things are enough to keep any one woman busier than bees in the spring without the added stress of writing, marketing, and publishing.

So I sat here contemplating a life without all those extra hassles.  Of course I'd have to finish the books I promised.  I wouldn't leave anyone hanging like that.  It's just not a nice thing to do.  But after.....

Hmmmm.  What about the after?  What would that really be like?  It went a little something like this:

Well for starters there'd be no more getting up at the butt crack of dawn.  I could sleep in just as long as I wanted!  (Oh wait, I still have kids to get off to school so I guess that's a no go.)

Soooo..... Oh I know!  No more facebook.  Think of the time I'll have to read, clean my house, play with the dog.  (Play with the dog?  Seriously?)

Okay this not retiring thing is looking better all the time.  I'm not even certain the dog actually likes me.  LOL

But I really don't have time right now to write.  There's 2 more babies coming in the next month.  Jakie's birthday is next month and it's right around the time his baby sister is due.  And this house?  Good night in the morning!  This house gets completely out of hand every stinkin day.  I've obviously bitten off more than I can chew.

However, I do manage to clean things up every day.  And the kids are supposed to be doing chores to help.  I can't really blame that on writing.  Good grief, I'm not really even writing right now.

And then I reached the core of my issue this morning.  I need to write.  I have all these voices and stories rummaging around in my brain and they want out.  Life got in the way because I have a very busy life, but....that doesn't change the fact that I want to write.

Ah ha!  Epiphany! LOL

I know a lot of you are writers, many more of you do other things and attempt to follow your dreams.  We all get down and out.  Sometimes it's like you can't catch a break to save your life.  But hang in there and remember the reason you do what you do.  Whether it's writing, singing, drawing, or playing the bongos....don't give up your dreams.  Sometimes you need to put them on hold for a bit, but don't ever give them up.

Well that settles it.  My blah monster has officially been ousted.  Sometimes you just need to take a sword to your monster and behead the beast.  ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment