Translate

Monday, November 5, 2012

Little Blessings

As this is November, I'm seeing a plethora of daily posts on thankfulness.  I love this time of year!  Sadly it seems to that many folks do not take the time to find the 'little' blessings in their daily lives until Thanksgiving approaches.

I try (emphasis on try) to find something every day to be thankful for.  Some days....that's a real task.  But I think it's important to keep things in perspective.  If you dwell too much on the negative, your life will soon be consumed by only negative things.  I hope as you read this you have a little giggle.  I hope you can relate some, and I hope when the 'bad things' set upon you, you will remember the little blessing that come your way.  (No matter how small they may be.)

1.  I have a couple grandchildren (and their parents) living with me right now.  Two of which are toddler boys.  I am exceedingly thankful every time I go to the bathroom and the toilette seat isn't wet.

2.  I also have my two youngest children still at home. (One 15 and the other 17.)  I am always thankful when I give them chores and they actually do them. LOL  Now I'm sure that sounds a bit silly to some of you, but seriously.....when was the last time you attempted to get a 15 year old boy to wash dishes?

3.  With all these people living in the same house, I'm terribly thankful my husband hasn't killed any of us yet. LOL  (In addition, I'm also thankful that I haven't either.)

4. Often as I try to write, work on promotions, or other things, I am interrupted by someone knocking on the door.  Usually it's one of the toddlers.  Many times they just want to see Grandma.  When I open the door to see what they need and hear, "I want you, Grandma."  I am thankful to be so loved by such precious little blessings.

5.  When I wake in the middle of the night and make it all the way to the fridge to get a drink AND back to the bedroom without stepping on a leggo or toy....I am thankful.  (And usually amazed. LOL)

6.  I am thankful for those rare mornings when I wake up to find that someone else has made coffee and I do not have to wait for my caffeine fix.

7.  I am so very thankful for the 'just enough' moments that come along.  'Just enough' extra food when the kids have a surprise visitor for dinner.  'Just enough' money to pay a certain bill.  'Just enough' gas to get where I need to go.  It's always great to have more, but 'just enough' is still something to be grateful for. ;)


So the point to this post....and there is a point...is simply this:  Times are hard all over.  Each of us have our own burdens to bear.  BUT a burden can also be a little blessing.  It's all in your perspective.  Some people call it looking through rose colored glasses, I call it making the most out of what you have.  Your perspective is your choice.  No one can choose it for you.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment