Translate

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Author Interview Fiasco #3

Today's guest is author extraordinaire Valerie Bowen!!!





Hello Valerie!!!!  Awesome to have you here!!!  Inquiring minds want to know, so I’m here to ask the questions. LOL 

1.  As a child, who was your favorite superhero and why?

My favorite hero was Aquaman. I loved to swim and always dreamed of talking to fish…I know it seems a little ridiculous seeing if you talk underwater you just end up with a lung full of water. I tried it wasn’t fun.

2.  If you were going to take over the world, how would you do it?

If I was going to take over the world I would hypnotize people through television programs. Most people watch television and I would be able to get hundreds of thousands of people during one half hour program.

3.  Other than writing, what is your favorite thing to do?

One of my favorite things to do is design covers for my novels. I have so many cover ideas I think it may take years to write the books for them.

4.  Top 5 favorite bands/songs?

There are so many bands/songs that I absolutely love. I would have to say they depend entirely on the mood I’m in.

5.  Top 5 favorite TV shows?

I rarely watch television, but when I do it is usually Gordon Ramsey’s kitchen nightmares. Some of the kitchens he transforms would be a great setting for a thriller.

6.  If there was one statement you could make that the entire planet would hear and remember, what would it be?

Be who you are and not who others want you to be. Self respect is worth far more than acceptance into any clique.

7.  Social issue nearest and dearest to your heart?

The nearest and dearest social issue I have is abuse of any kind. Child abuse of course comes first followed by spousal and animal abuse a tie for second.

8.  In your opinion, what characteristics do the best bad guys have in common?

I think the most common characteristic of all bad guys is the element of terror. To be a great bad guy he/she has to be able to terrify their victims in the most heinous ways possible. My madman takes terror to a whole different level.

9.  What is most likely to put you in a creative mood?

I have always been able to tell a story, but the most likely way I set myself in a creative mood is go to the local coffee shop and people watch. You would be surprised how many absolutely fantastic characters you can find in a coffee shop.

10.  Is there anything you’d like to tell us about your books?

The for the Sake of Amelia series is a story of a woman who is trying to overcome the physical and emotional scars that have been inflicted on her by an abusive ex husband. This was a difficult series to write due to the fact I had to bring out many of my long forgotten feelings. This series shows the reader no matter how hard you try to help a person out of a difficult situation, in the end the strength has to come from within. I found many readers have literally begged me to publish the novels closer together because they had to find out what happens to their friends.

The Mind of a Madman series is what I am currently working on. This story is about a man (the madman) with a long undetected mental illness. His illness has transformed him into a heartless murderer with no shame or guilt. In reality the ‘madman’ does suffer from deep regret with every heinous murder he commits.

You can read the first chapter of all my novels on my website http://www.valeriebowen.com


Thanks so much for joining us!!!!!  We appreciate you sharing!!!!
You can connect with Valerie on facebook!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment