Translate

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Author Interview Fiasco #4

Today's victim is the king of terror... JH Glaze!!!!




Welcome JH!!!  Seriously awesome to have you here!!!  Inquiring minds want to know, so I’m here to ask the questions. LOL 

1.  As a child, who was your favorite superhero and why?
 I actually had more than one. They were the Fantastic Four. I think the reason I liked them was related to their abilities, and their stories contained more humor than other superhero comics at the time.

2.  If you were going to take over the world, how would you do it?
Through the development of a crisis that people could grasp with their imagination. Panic is a powerful tool and fear is a motivator. Most people believe that aliens could be real. Why not create some type of invasion? With the help of special effects, and the help of willing participants, it is feasible to create enough panic to get the masses to fall in line.
And what if it was an invisible invader, one that targeted and possessed only people with certain beliefs? Couldn’t a significant number of people be persuaded that these individuals need to be exterminated? It has happened before!

3.  Other than writing, what is your favorite thing to do?
 Hang out at the beach with Susan. It seems like every moment is packed with fun, even if we are just parked under an umbrella swilling Corona Light.

4.  Top 5 favorite bands/songs?
 I have to say that I have been a music collector all my life, I used to own a used record store when I lived in Ohio and for years I was a CD dealer at record shows. I had to go to iTunes for the answer

1. Pink Floyd – Wish you were here
2. Imogen Heap - Almost all of her music.  She plays all of the instruments, writes all of her songs, records in her home studio and makes incredible music. Reminds me of Making my books!
3. Depeche Mode – First heard them before they were famous like almost all of it
4. Nickelback - Savin Me – The music video for this song was one of the most awesome concepts I have ever seen.
5. Linkin Park - In the End  - At a point in my life when everything seemed to be falling apart all around me, I was in a CD shop in Jacksonville Florida when I heard this song, It gave me clarity in the moment and the answer I was seeking at the time.
But I really like a lot of different stuff, like the JAY-Z song - Empire State of mind, A song from the soundtrack of  “House of Flying Daggers” sung by an opera singer called “Lovers”
I truly like music that makes me feel something, not just as background noise, and one thing I really like is 80s and 90’s Goth bands like Sisters of Mercy!

5.  Top 5 favorite TV shows?
1. True Blood
2. Damages – some twisted stories and I love how they tell them
3. 24 – I loved how Jack Bauer would kill the bad guy and then use the defibrillator to bring them back to like so he could torture them some more.
4. Taken – one of the best alien miniseries ever
5. Lost

6.  If there was one statement you could make that the entire planet would hear and remember, what would it be?
Always question those who would lead you into destruction for their own benefit.

7.  Social issue nearest and dearest to your heart?
Preventing teen crime. Most criminals established their careers in their teen years. Teach them a different path for a better future.

8.  In your opinion, what characteristics do the best bad guys have in common?
Diabolical plots and hot women.

9.  What is most likely to put you in a creative mood?
 A few minutes in front of a computer. When I close my eyes to go to sleep and see shadows flashing through my eyelids. A conversation with Susan. Driving on the freeway on long roadtrips. Drinking margaritas on a hot summer day.  Just about any damn thing!

10.  Is there anything you’d like to tell us about your books?
 I like to write stories that contain a lot of action, a bit of humor, a different than anything I’ve ever read, and are as entertaining as hell. I also use the f**k word a lot, because it fits the situations my characters find themselves in. If you were about to be eaten by an alien would you say “Darn”?

Thanks so much for joining us!!!!!  We appreciate you sharing!!!!

You can connect with JH:





No comments:

Post a Comment