Our awesome author of the day is Devyn Dawson!!!
Welcome Devyn!!!! Fabulous to have you here!!! Inquiring minds want to know, so I’m here to ask the questions. LOL
1. As a child, who was your favorite superhero and why?
Wonder Woman - she had an invisible airplane and those awesome wrist bands!
2. If you were going to take over the world, how would you do it?
- First I’d add the secret potion I’ve created into all water sources - it has a magical properties that turn it into a micro-chip that will embed into everyone’s brain. With my magic laptop I will be able to control all chips to make people chant my name…DEVYN! DEVYN! DEVYN! All new babies will be named Devyn and will have encrypted numbers placed in their chip. All computers/phones/monitors/laptops/tvs will flash pictures of books to read and book reports will be due once a week. If reports aren’t turned in on schedule - I will put them on a show like Survivor and compete to keep their life. Other than that….well, I haven’t thought much about it. LOL
3. Other than writing, what is your favorite thing to do?
I like to creep on peoples Facebook pages….like my kids and their friends
4. Top 5 favorite bands/songs?
Tracks of my Tears - performed by Adam Lambert - Irvine (are you there) by Kelly Clarkson - …. Blasphemous Rumours - Depeche Mode - Sometimes - Erasure
5. Top 5 favorite TV shows?
American Idol, Vampire Diaries, Teen Wolf, True Blood, So you think you can dance
6. If you could make one statement the entire planet would hear and remember, what would it be? Remember what your mother taught you. Say please and thank you. Apologize when you are wrong. If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all. Eat desert, one day when you’re old and you’re stuck eating jell-o, you can pretend it is the cheesecake.
7. Social issue nearest and dearest to your heart? Confession one. I love hamburgers. I am from Oklahoma and there is a law against taking a bite of someone else’s hamburger. Haven’t you ever been out and someone was eating a delicious burger and just one little bite is all it would take? Confession two. I’m a criminal of the worst kind. I do bite other people’s burger in Oklahoma. I’m sorry - please write your legislature and beg them to change this law. I implore you as an American that it is your civic duty to protect burger biters everywhere.
8. In your opinion, what characteristics do the best bad guys have in common?
They have sex appeal.
9. What is most likely to put you in a creative mood? Rain, candles and silence
10. Is there anything you’d like to tell us about your books?
My books are a young adult series about a pack of werewolves. The stories are told in two POV - Abel Casey and Pru Phelan. I don’t want to give away any of the details, but know that this isn’t your mama’s werewolf story. The first book The Legacy of Kilkenny is the beginning of the series - you’ll meet many of the pack characters and might find one or two you love or love to hate. The Seduction is a novelette, and is a companion to TLOK. Malevolence was released 1/17/12 and is getting great reviews.
Check me out at - www.devyndawson.com and I will be having a giveaway on my blog for an autographed copy of Malevolence 1/27-1/31 http://devyn-dawson.blogspot.com/
(available in paperback too)
Paperback will be available in 2-4 weeks
Thanks so much for joining us!!!!! We appreciate you sharing!!!!