Translate

Friday, February 24, 2012

Author Interview Fiasco #16

Today's awesome author is Kymberlee Burks-Miller!!!!







Hey Kym!!!!  Awesome to have you here!!!  Inquiring minds want to know, so I’m here to ask the questions. LOL 

1.  As a child, who was your favorite superhero and why?
Hmm...I know that this is going to sound cliche, but Wonder Woman! She was AWESOME! I loved her magic lasso.  I used to pretend that my fathers' belt was magic, and I tied my siblings up with it.

2.  If you were going to take over the world, how would you do it?
I would gather up everyone and ship them to a desserted island surrounded by great white sharks! And only allow the NON crazy people in my world!  The rest of the nuts could TRY to got off of the island, but they would get eaten by the sharks:)

3.  Other than writing, what is your favorite thing to do?
Absolutely NOTHING! I enjoy lounging in my cushy bed or the sofa works just as well! I just want the remote, and my coffee.  No worries, my hubby will turn me so that I don't end up with ulcers on my rear end.


4.  Top 5 favorite bands/songs?
The Cranberries, Muse, LMFAO, George Straight and my absolute FAVORITE song right now is Pumped up Kicks by Foster the People.
Now the funny thing about Pumped up Kicks is, I didn't know, I repeat I didn't know that this was a song deemed to be a "bully" song until AFTER I dedicated it to my sister:)

5.  Top 5 favorite TV shows?
Okay this changes with the season but right now it's Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries, Being Human, Criminal Minds and Leverage

6.  If you could make one statement the entire planet would hear and remember, what would it be?
Treat others as you would want to be treated.

7.  Social issue nearest and dearest to your heart?
That is very easy: Breast Cancer Awareness.  Most people don't know that my Mom died the day after my birthday in 2001 when she lost her fight with Breast Cancer.  So on pages you will see me write "Save the Ta-Ta's" or "Feel your Bobbies" all the time.  Also 10% of all of my proceeds from EVERY sale of my book will be going directly to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer fund.

8.  In your opinion, what characteristics do the best bad guys have in common?
Okay, well the bad guys are my favorite characters to write! In a good "Bad boy" I love to see him absolutely physically beautiful, but internally ugly.  What I mean by that is, I want to see his vindictive nature, his spitefulness, and his total lack of regard for anyone other than himself.  I love when they're taunting.  I want to see them be bad, magically delish bad!

9.  What is most likely to put you in a creative mood?
They're are several things such as a dream, a fight, a song, or even sometimes just my emotions. If I get really excited I want to write a love story. If someone pisses me off, I write a fight scene and usually kill them off in a very devious manner. A way that makes me feel better inside and allows me to remain OUT of jail.  In my upcoming series, Supernatural Society, I have used recent events to fuel the sadistic fire and after a few tortured muders, I feel like a new woman:) Lol

10.  Is there anything you’d like to tell us about your books?
I'm not a person who easily talks about themselves, so I will just say that I would be forever grateful if you give any of them a read.  And if you do, please feel free to tell what you think!


(You can find Compulsion on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and at Create Space.)

Thanks so much for joining us!!!!!  We appreciate you sharing!!!!

You can find Kym on:
twitter: @Kymberlee1975
her blog


1 comment: