Translate

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Author Interview Fiasco #15

Today's special guest is author Emily Goodwin!!!!







Welcome Emily!!!!  Awesome to have you here!!!  Inquiring minds want to know, so I’m here to ask the questions. LOL 

1.  As a child, who was your favorite superhero and why?
Buffy Summers, from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Buffy is strong, physically and mentally, doesn’t take crap from anyone, stands up for what she believed and will do anything for the people she loves while at the same time is realistic and faces issues normal girls have to deal with. Plus, I love ass-kicking females who know how to handle weapons J

2.  If you were going to take over the world, how would you do it?
Minions. I’d definitely get an army of minions to do my dirty work. I imagine they would be armed with wolverines and we’d all have cool powers. 

3.  Other than writing, what is your favorite thing to do?
Ride my horses. I have a seven year old American Paint Horse named Ally that I’ve been having fun training.

4.  Top 5 favorite bands/songs?
They are constantly changing. Right now I’ve been listening to a lot of Marylin Manson, Disturbed, Three Days Grace, Linkin Park and Nine Inch Nails. But I also love Shakira and Taylor Swift.

5.  Top 5 favorite TV shows?
Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Charmed, Supernatural, Game of Thrones and True Blood. (If you can’t tell, I like fantasy…lol)

6.  If you could make one statement the entire planet would hear and remember, what would it be?
I would quote Gandhi: “Be the change you wish to see in the world.”

7.  Social issue nearest and dearest to your heart?

Depression and suicide in teens. I’ve worked with troubled teens before, and have a lot of personal experience with individuals affected by it. The suicide rates in young adults are rising at a scary rate. I think people, especially the media, need to seriously reevaluate the messages being sent to teens, particularly young girls. The girls have this idea that they need to be look a certain way to fit in and be accepted. And if they don’t (and how many of us really look like that? The pictures are grossly retouched) it can be extremely damaging to their self esteem.

8.  In your opinion, what characteristics do the best bad guys have in common?

Self absorbed, sadistic, out for themselves, good lovers, and lacking empathy. I like my bad guys evil (and hot…who doesn’t love a bad boy?)

9.  What is most likely to put you in a creative mood?

Listening to music. I have playlists for each book that I listen to while I write.


10.  Is there anything you’d like to tell us about your books?

Oh, gosh, yes! I’ll try to keep it short. A few interesting things about the Guardian Legacies books: Anora’s pets are based off of my real life animals. Mystery, Anora’s horse, is based after my Arabian, whose real name is Mystery. I rescued Mystery the day before he was going to be sent to the slaughter auction. Romeo, her ferret, is also a real pet I have. Hunter is based off of my German Shepherd, Vader. Anora’s birthday is August 26th, which is the anniversary of when my husband and I first started dating.

Laney (Anora’s best friend) is named after a childhood friend and personality-wise is based off of my best friend, Ashley. Raeya and Dr. Cara in The Contagium Trilogy are based off of my friends Sarah and Kara. Raeya and Sarah are very much alike and Sarah actually came up with a few of Raeya’s lines of dialogue. Kara is very smart like Dr. Cara but isn’t socially awkward like Dr. Cara is in the books! Both Contagious and Beyond the Sea (a YA paranormal romance about mermaids, which isn’t published yet) were born from crazy dreams I had, though they have been changed just a bit. In my Contagious dream, I had to get my appendix removed. But instead of just removing it, the surgeon replaced it with pot roast! It still makes me laugh how I got the idea for three books from that majorly weird dream!

 Here are my links:
www.facebook.com/theguardianlegacies
www.emily-goodwin.blogspot.com
http://www.goodreads.com/goodreadscomemilykg
Both of my books are available on Barnesandnoble.com. amazon.com and smashwords.com


Thanks so much for joining us!!!!!  We appreciate you sharing!!!!
Thank you, it was fun!

1 comment:

  1. Great interview. I have read all of Emily Goodwin's books (Beyond the Sea was an ARC). I love her characters and stories. Don't miss them!

    ReplyDelete